October half term is just around the corner and I know parents are always looking for things to do with their children! So below are the top Halloween events happening Half Term in North West.
HALLOWEEN GHOST TRAINS
DATES FOR THIS EVENT
- 28th Oct
Seems like the old amusement park may not be as abandoned as everyone thought, there’s something freaky on the Ferris Wheel and the Helter Skelter is definitely haunted, and as for the Ghost Train…
Clutch your ticket tight and take the ride of your life on this spooky steam spectacular. There are all kinds of ghostly goings on, including:
- Steam powered scares on a haunted steam train ride to Rawtenstall and back through dark tunnels and past lonely platforms
- A ghastly cast of giggling ghouls, ghosts and goblins that will join you for the journey, make sure to show off your best fancy dress
- Terrifying treats available at the station buffet, plus every child gets a goody bag
- A creepy craft workshop at Bury Transport Museum, the perfect way to get set for the scare
|Time||Scare Level||Adult Ticket||Child (3 – 17)||Under 3s (sat on knee)|
The more * the scarier the trip!
Each trip takes approximately 1 hour 30 minutes. Tickets must be purchased in advance. Booking fees apply. You can also book by calling 0161 764 7790 (10am – 4pm) or by visiting the Booking Office at Bury Bolton Street Station, Bury BL9 0EY.
Southport Halloween Festival
This North-West family friendly festival is back for another year of Spooktacular fun. There will be a terrifying choice of things to with your kids including the (puppet based) Cyrptid Petting zoo where you can pet a Mongolian Death Worm or a baby dragon, or the Wizard and Witches Fun day where you can create a spooky cartoon or follow the Creepy Creation Trail.
Halloween Half-Term at Huntleys
28th – 31st October
Pumpkin Carving – (28th-31st October) Pumpkins on sale from 24th October
Tea with Winnie the Witch – (30th-31st October 1pm & 3pm) Sit down for story time and some tea with the fabulous Winnie the Witch at Huntleys Farm this Halloween. Price: £9.99
Wear your Wellies Walk – (30th-31st October 12pm & 2pm) Tractor ride with the wizard and short maze walk, hot chocolate, biscuits and story time under the oak tree. Children £7.50 Adults £5.
Huntley’s Farm, Whalley Road, Samlesbury, Preston, PR5 0UN
£5 Entry for kids @ Bristol Zoo
A frighteningly good time and only £5* entry for kids!
From the 21st – 29th October Bristol Zoo are hosting different type of Halloween celebration. Inspired by the Mexican celebration of ‘Day of the Dead’ they have a variety of activities set to waken the imagination of any guest! And with our £5 child ticket offer* valid between 21st October and 5th November it’s an outing not to be misssed!
- Kuki’s Haunted Trail
- Spooky Storytime
- Halloween Parade
- Creepy Creature encounters
- Mask making and crafts**
- And much more…
There will also be daily animal talks and feeds and tasty Halloween-themed treats in The Hide Restaurant and Cafe.
*Terms and conditions apply:
1. This promotion is open to all UK residents, excluding employees of Bristol Zoological Society, their families and anyone connected with this promotion.
2. Offer permits one child for £5 for every paying adult.
3. Offer is available and tickets can only be redeemed 21st October – 5th November 2017.
4. Can be used in conjunction with online discounted tickets but cannot be used with any other offer.
5. Bristol Zoological Society reserves the right to withdraw, amend or suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside its reasonable control with no liability to any entrants or any third party.
Please note: this offer is not applicable to members.
All activities are subject to change.
**small additional charge
Alton Towers Scarefest
This is guaranteed to be a bone chillingly good day out with live shows for your younger ones and the Freak Show scare zone and dusk rides for your older ones. You may even be surprised by a ghoulish flashmob on your way to the terrifying scare maze. (Trick or) treat yourself!
Twinlakes Family Scream Park
This award-winning family theme park is creeping this Halloween with a scary array of activities. 20,000 specially grown pumpkins await the carving skills of little hands and the Dungeon Quest Maze will challenge your older ones. Halloween workshops including learning to fly your own broom and making your own magic wand. Booooook your tickets now!
You are invited to come in your best fancy dress to one of the most haunted castles in the country this Halloween. Astral Circus will be there with fire eating displays and traditional circus acts and the Ghostly Grotto will be painting faces. You can listen to some “Spookulele stories” and help create some of the spooky sound effects. Go if you dare!